Abdi: We are prepared for the attack, we will resist

  • actual
  • 16:03 26 November 2022
  • |
img
 
NEWS CENTER - Emphasizing that Turkey's attacks strengthen ISIS, SDF General Commander Mazlum Abdi said: "We have prepared for the attack, we will show a fierce resistance."
 
The Commander-in-Chief of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) Mazlum Abdi held a press conference via zoom to evaluate Turkey's attacks on Northern and Eastern Syria. Speaking about the attacks launched by Turkey on November 20, Mazlum Abdi said: “We have been officially informed through the US Brett McGurk that the US is against this operation. America's stance needs to be stronger so that the possibility of an attack is not on the agenda."
 
KOBANÊ THREAT
 
Asked whether Turkey will attack Kobanê, the symbol of the fight against ISIS, Abdi said: “The USA and Russia are against an attack on Kobanê. We have prepared for the attack, we will show fierce resistance. There is cooperation between the Damascus government and Turkey regarding these attacks. We say that when any attack occurs, the Syrian Democratic Forces and the Syrian army should fight together, and we hope that this will happen."
 
THE ATTITUDE OF THE ARAB COUNTRIES
 
Evaluating that they have not seen a serious attitude from Arab countries against these attacks by Turkey, Abdi said: "We see their stance as weak.  We thanked Egypt, which recently condemned Turkey's air strikes on Rojava and the Federated Kurdistan Region. We do not want to fight with Turkey, we want to solve the problem through dialogue, but if the Turkish state continues its attacks, there will be a wide war that spreads to the region. Our war with the Turkish state has been fought on Syrian territory so far, but if there is an invasion, the war will spread to the regions of Turkey bordering Syria."
 
ATTACKS AGAINST ALL KURDS
 
Emphasizing that Turkey's attacks also target Kurdish unity, Abdi said: “Turkey's attacks also target the unity of the Kurds and the attacks are carried out against all Kurds. The trade between us and the Kurdistan Region is currently continuing through the border gates. We hope that this trade will not be interrupted by the attacks.”
 
'ISIS IS PREPARING FOR ATTACK'
 
Noting that the attacks will strengthen ISIS, Abdi said: “If Turkey attacks, ISIS will become stronger. ISIS prisoners will escape. During Turkey's attacks, we have intelligence information that ISIS will attack as well.”
 

View More Articles

17/01/2024
14:56 Reaction from Miraç's father to the acquittal: If I hit the police, I would get life imprisonment!
13:49 İmralı report: 2024 must be the year of freedom for Abdullah Öcalan
12:09 No news from journalist detained by KDP for 85 days
11:50 Handcuffed examination of journalist Müftüoğlu found 'lawful'
11:46 People will march for Abdullah Öcalan
11:09 Delegates are pleased with the referendum: Let it be an example for all parties
11:05 Göksu, who went on hunger strike: The solution is Abdullah Öcalan
11:03 Hunger strike action in prisons is on its 52nd day
16/01/2024
23:52 Kışanak: Those who try to scare me with these cells must know that Esat Oktay could not scare me
17:49 Kışanak: If we keep silent today, there will be no ground to talk tomorrow
17:47 Kalo of the Özgür Basın was commemorated at his grave
17:11 MİT will be asked whether Director Tekin "has a connection with the PKK"
17:08 Hatimoğulları: Let's establish peace summits instead of security summits
15:17 Hrant Dink will be commemorated at the place where he was shot
12:27 Application from the lawyers of Abdullah Öcalan
11:49 Nobel Peace Prize winner Nergis Muhammedi sentenced to 15 months in prison
11:38 'Headscarf' case against journalists released in Iran
11:10 No news from İmralı for 34 months: An united struggle must be made
10:22 Hunger strike action in prisons is on its 51st day
10:18 No news from journalist detained by KDP for 84 days
09:48 Mother of ill prisoner: He came to the visit holding on to the Wall
09:18 Ballistic missile attack in Hewlêr: 4 people lost their lives
15/01/2024
22:36 Kışanak: Peace is what will save the country, open the gates of İmralı
22:14 The free visitation was again interrupted by the guards' arbitrary approach
17:59 2 million people were left without electricity due to the attacks
17:45 TJA: Women are determined to expand solidarity and struggle
16:49 Gültan Kışanak to the court: Who are you to judge me?
15:52 Air strikes on 56 regions in 48 hours
13:11 She talked about Kalo: He was loyal to his cause and his people
13:00 Referendum: Abdullah Öcalan's paradigm comes to life
12:57 Seriously ill prisoner Güler was transferred to Erzincan Type L
12:49 213th issue of Xwebûn is out
12:02 Journalist Müftüoğlu's lawyer: What is on trial is her professional activities
11:53 No news from journalist detained by KDP for 83 days
11:51 Hunger strike action in prisons is on its 50th day
10:18 Northern and Eastern Syria are under attack: Hundreds of villages are left without electricity
14/01/2024
21:54 Journalists who reported on Jîna Emînî were released
19:58 Conference from TJA: Women will break the chain of silence
17:56 Temelli: The way to stop the pain is through peace
17:55 Enthusiastic welcome for Özbay, who was released after 31 years, in the public vote
17:54 Emphasis on struggle at the action demanding 'freedom for Abdullah Öcalan'
17:51 Mother and her 2 children injured in air strikes
17:49 Zap statement from HPG
17:48 Military operation in Şirnex countryside
17:47 Exuberant Serê Salê celebration in Êlih
13:59 Çiftyürek: Abdullah Öcalan must speak
13:54 Ahmet Türk withdrew his candidacy
13:04 Attack from Turkey on the electricity station in Ein Issa
13:02 A Kurd lost his life as a result of torture by the Iranian regime
11:13 Prisoner Kurt's release has been blocked for 14 months