'Racism' erased from indictment of workers attacked in Sakarya

  • actual
  • 14:53 27 March 2021
  • |
img

MARDIN - In Sakarya, prosecuter completed the investigation of Kurdish workers, who were attacked to death last year and decided not to prosecute the charges of 'inciting the people to hatred and enmit' and keep the 3-page indictment on 'deliberate injury'. Lawyer Kemal Erdem said that the racist side of the attack was tried to be covered up.

 
The prosecutor completed the 3-page indictment about the attack against Kurdish agricultural workers who went from Mardin’s Mazıdağı district to Sakarya’s Kocaali district on September 4 last year. The Penal Court of First Instance accepted the indictment prepared by the Kocaali Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office. The first trial will be held in the upcoming days.
 
3-PAGE INDICTMENT
 
While the prosecutor decided to nolpros the indictment and not to prosecute in the investigation for the crime of 'inciting the public to hatred and hostility', he requested a penalty for 'deliberate injury', 'offense of threat' and 'offense of libel'. One and half pages of the indictment contains identity information of the victims, complainants and perpetrators. The other page included the prosecutor's evaluation. In the indictment, seven people took part as victims and other workers as complainants.
 
THERE IS THREAT, BUT NO RACISM!
 
In the indictment, Hasan Cebecioğlu, Hüseyin Cebecioğlu and Kenan Cebecioğlu were asked to be punished with the charges of 'deliberate injury', 'offense of threat' and 'offense of libel' and Kadir Cebecioğlu with the charge of 'deliberate injury'. Accordingly, the attackers will be punished with 6 months imprisonment and judicial fine for 'offense of libel', 3 months to 2 years imprisonment or judicial fine for 'offense of libel' and 4 months up to 1 year for 'deliberate injury' offenses.
 
While explaining the incident in the prosecution's assesment section, the words of the attacksers such as 'I will burn you, this is my country, do you think this is Mardin', , 'I will give you an hour, you can either get out of here or I will burn the house down with you!' and 'I will bury your dead body and nobody will know about it'. 
 
RECONCILIATORY ASSIGNED
 
The prosecutor noted that there was sufficient suspicion that the suspects committed the crimes and a reconciliator was assingned on the grounds that 'the crime is subject to reconciliation' but reconciliatory could not have been reached.
 
 
‘THEY TRIED TO COVER UP THE RACIST ASPECTS’
 
Lawyer Kemal Erdem, attorney of the victim workers on behalf of the Mardin Bar Assocation stated that attack has racist aspects since the beginning but even there is a lot of evidence, the prosecution avoided to investigate the hate crimes. Kemal Erdem said that the file was tried to be covered up, especially the racist aspects in the file, from day one. Erdem continued, "We know that seasonal agricultural workers have been subjected to similar attacks everywhere they go. They tried to cover up the racist aspects of this file once again. The fact that the indictment would be incomplete was obvious from the first day. That's why we have made our objections, however it was not taken into consideration. We will try to uncover the facts with our requests every step of the way."
 
BACKGROUND
 
Agricultural workers from Mardin’s Mazıdağı district, who went to Sakarya for seasonal work, were attacked by the villagers to death on September 4, 2020. The workers left the village where they were attacked and returned to Mardin with their families. The village of the workers in Mardin was closed to entrance and exit by the soldiers and they were not allowed to meet with anyone.
 

View More Articles

29/11/2022
12:42 Message from imprisoned women journalists: We never owed obedience to the oppressors
12:03 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
12:03 Families of Zekeriya and Komar, killed in Piranşar, tell their story
28/11/2022
17:17 SDF: 90 attacks carried out against civil settlements
15:37 Rally against 'war and invasion' in Gever
15:03 Şenyaşar family: Our home is here in front of this court
12:27 Iraqi President meets with Federated Kurdistan delegation
11:10 Free Press under arrest for a month: We are being prosecuted for journalism
10:31 Women breaks the wall of fear in Mahabad
27/11/2022
14:45 November 26 balance sheet from the SDF
14:29 Şenyaşar family: We will not lose hope
14:24 Bodies of 17 Turkish soldiers brought to Hakkari
12:18 Turkisg air strike on Minix Airport
12:16 Prosecutor considers attending youth congress a crime
12:16 29 year story of ill prisoner Güler
10:13 Journalist Çelkî, voice of the Yazidis
09:27 Turkish attack on Rojava continued all night
09:26 People won't step back in Mahabad
26/11/2022
17:27 SDF announced its balance sheet on November 24-25
16:03 Abdi: We are prepared for the attack, we will resist
15:50 2 detentions in Şırnak
14:53 30 detentions in Amed
14:42 A soldier and a ranger died in the conflict.
14:35 Prisoners from Kurdistan banner are held in Police Department
14:28 Özgür Gündem distributor Adnan Işık was murdered 29 years ago
14:19 The lawyer of prisoners, who has no two hands: State is taking revenge
13:50 PKK; claimed to be annihilated in 6 hours, left behind 45 years
10:54 'Assimilation continues with arbitrary ban of Kurdish concerts'
10:26 Sürücü: The isolation on Abdullah Öcalan must end
10:10 Expert 'could not find' police violence: Everyone hits everyone
09:12 Xoy and Urmia: The people suffered greatly from the Iranian regime
25/11/2022
15:50 SDF announces the outcome of Turkish aggressions on November 24
13:38 Indictment prepared against Fincancı
13:37 Ji HSD’ê daxuyaniya ‘parastina rewa’
13:36 Attacks against North and East Syria continue
13:23 Shehba and Zirgan were shelled
13:08 Journalist Boran: Russia allowed Turkey's attack in return for relocation of HTŞ
13:06 Prof. Dr. Aktar: Domestic and national consensus was formed when the issue was Kurdish.
12:07 Zebari: If the commission reaches its chemical evidence, the Erdogan regime will be broken
11:42 I am in İran and Rojhilat...
24/11/2022
16:59 MKGP: 17 journalists should be released
16:20 Şenyaşar family: Our sit-in will create a butterfly effect
16:19 Application to Urfa Bar for Abdullah Öcalan
15:36 Police allegedly executed a citizen in his home in Ağrı
13:27 Condemning attacks from Kurdish parties: National unity is more urgent than yesterday
12:11 Prof. Norman Paech: Türkiye violates UN Charter
11:39 Kobanê Military Council: We have the right to fight and defend ourselves
11:10 YPG Spokesperson Mehmud: No attack will go unresponded
10:32 What's going on in İran from Mahabad to Tahran?
23/11/2022
16:35 SDF: 7 civilians and 2 YAT fighters lost their lives in the attacks