Investigation into suspicious death in Kırıkkale Prison

  • actual
  • 14:21 20 October 2020
  • |
img
İZMİR - Seeing the signs of trauma on the body of Serkan Tumay, his family has appealed to the Kırıkkale Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office and filed a criminal complaint about the suspicious death of the prisoner.
 
An investigation has been launched into the death of Serkan Tumay (27), who lost his life in the Kırıkkale Type F Prison.
 
The prison administration told his family that he had "died as a result of a judicial incident", asking them to take the deceased body on Saturday.
 
Gökhan Tumay, the elder brother of the deceased prisoner, stated that there were signs of trauma on his brother's body and that Serkan Tumay had also been beaten in prison before.
 
As reported by Gazete Duvar news website, after the family found his death suspicious, they appealed to the Kırıkkale Chief Public Prosecutor's Office and filed a criminal complaint about the incident.
 
Upon this complaint, an investigation has been launched and the prosecutor's office has decided that the footage of surveillance cameras in prison be examined as part of the investigation.
 
HE GOT HIS ARM BROKEN BEFORE
 
Serkan Tumay's elder brother Hakan Tumay has indicated that his brother had been in Kırıkkale Type F Prison for six years and briefly added the following:
 
"In these six years, we appealed to the Manisa Chief Public Prosecutor's Office for at least six times due to battery and torture.
 
"When we talked to my brother before, he was saying that 'he did not have life safety there.' Most recently, we filed another criminal complaint by appealing to the Manisa Chief Public Prosecutor's Office and we were told that 'they would deal with it.'
 
"My brother was staying with another person in a three-person ward. His fellow inmate told us that the wardens were beating and battering my brother. My brother had his arm broken due to the beating and he had fractured bones in certain parts of his body.
 
"They took him to hospital upon our criminal complaint. As the other prisoner staying in the same ward with him had informed us about it, they separated them. They put my brother in another ward on his own.
 
"Yesterday they called my mother from prison and told us to 'go and take his deceased body.' The document says that it was a 'death as a result of a judicial incident.' They did this knowingly and willingly.
 
"My brother lost his life due to torture. If we live in a state of law, it needs to be handled by the judicial bodies without being covered up. Whoever the responsible parties are, they need to be found as soon as possible."
 
MY SON SAID 'RESCUE ME'
 
Hasibe Tumay, the mother of the deceased prisoner, has also said that the last time, her son told her 'to save him' and added:
 
"My son told me, 'Mom, wardens are assaulting me, they are beating me. They are going to kill me. I don't know how many times they attacked me with sticks.' My son had his arm broken, his head swollen... How could he die on his own in prison? I could see neither my son in prison, nor his dead body. I am so sorry, I can do nothing else..." 

View More Articles

25/07/2022
11:11 ‘The Kobanê Case is planed at the MHP Headquarters’
10:50 YPJ Commander Tolhildan laid to rest by thousands
10:12 No news from Öcalan for 16 months
24/07/2022
14:55 Two killed, eight injured as Turkey escalates attacks on North and East Syria
14:51 Turkey kills the commander of the operation defated ISIS
23/07/2022
20:46 New images of the tree massacre in Şırnak: All trees were cut
16:50 Iraqi Joint Operations Command: Turkey carried out the attack
16:30 Condemnation Zakho massacre from Women Strong Together: The murderers should be tried
15:54 The 80-year-old Özer couple, who is being held in prison, is having difficulty in'breathing'!
14:17 Güleryüz: Opposition must openly and boldly oppose Rojava invasion
13:03 Ragıp Duran: There is no freedom of the press, the Kurdish media plays an important role
11:23 Attacks on Shehba Canton intensified
11:18 Peace Mother: Everyone will have justice when there is justice in İmralı
11:17 Iraq Parliament to convene today
22/07/2022
17:10 UN calls for investigation into Zakho attack
15:03 Second attack on Zakho after 9 killed by Turkish artillery
12:45 There is no news from 4 people who want to cross over to Ceylanpınar
12:29 Women for İstanbul Convention: We will exist where they want to destroy us
12:27 New application submitted by Öcalan's family and legal guardian
11:50 Zaxo statement from İHD: Authorisation for use of military force for Iraq and Syria should be canceled
09:23 CPT Iraq Representative: The attack on Perex was made from Turkey's Xamtir base
21/07/2022
15:59 Şenyaşars'sit-in on day 500
12:42 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
10:57 Protesters demand closure of Turkish embassy
10:42 Iraq: Turkey should apologize and withdraw from our lands
10:18 Iraqi Minister of Foreign Affairs: We will bring the case before the UN
10:16 Statement for Zaxo attack from Turkish Foreign Affairs
10:16 The Iraqi Supreme Security Council convened extraordinarily
10:15 Zaxo statement from HDP MYK: Parliament should convene urgently
10:14 Sadiqun Group: Turkey's Zaxo attack is a declaration of war on Iraq
20/07/2022
19:02 The 16 Kurdish journalists win the Turkish Journalists’ Freedom of Press Award
16:49 Petition for Aydeniz, whose immunity to be lifted
16:12 SDF's Commander-in-Chief receives Lieutenant General Michael Corella
15:50 Turkish attack against civilians results in casualties in Zakho countryside
15:36 Attack on Kurdish family in Denizli
14:27 Şenyaşar family: We commemorate 33 dream travelers with respect
13:33 Investigation launched against JINNEWS reporter Değer
12:43 Mother longing for justice at her murdered son's grave for 7 years
19/07/2022
18:16 Turkish court upholds exit from treaty protecting women
13:20 Mazlum Ebdi: We will turn July 19 into a kick off of a new move
12:45 Lawsuit against Öcalan's attorneys postponed
12:45 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
12:01 Prisoners in Kürkçüler Prison on hunger strike
11:41 Journalist Seyda: The cause of the crisis in Iraq is the KDP
18/07/2022
18:11 Onur Gencer, the murderer of Deniz Poyraz, avoided the questions
15:13 Survivors of Suruç Massacre: They tried to destroy our will
14:18 Emine Şenyaşar: Release my son
13:43 Battered prisoner: Guards will kill me
10:44 Gunman tried to enter courthouse with pump rifle in Deniz Poyraz hearing
16/07/2022
12:52 Gravestone of Kurdish young man died in Sur, destroyed a second time