Xoce: The status of Kurds is targeted with attacks

  • actual
  • 11:56 9 October 2023
  • |
img
RIHA -Stating that the status of the Kurds is targeted with the Turkish attacks, PYD General Assembly member Ahmed Xoce said: “There is a magnificent resistance against the attacks. People say 'I defend my status'."
 
Following the attack on the General Directorate of Security in Ankara on October 1, Northern and Eastern Syria were targeted. Turkey targeted facilities that provide gas and electricity needs, as well as places such as hospitals and schools. Democratic Union Party (PYD) General Assembly member Ahmed Xoce evaluated Turkey's attacks and the silence of international powers.
 
'THE PURPOSE IS THE STATUS OF THE KURDS'
 
Stating that Turkey targeted the status of the Kurds with attacks, Xoce noted that they were disturbed by the life model in Northern and Eastern Syria. Saying that Turkey was looking for an "excuse" for the attack, Xoce said: "Last year, after the Ankara explosion, Turkey launched an attack even though there was no evidence. Despite the statements of the Autonomous Administration, the infrastructure and superstructure were targeted after the Ankara attack. Many civilians were massacred in the attacks that have been continuing for days. The border line of Northern and Eastern Syria was bombarded. Turkey wants to destroy the economy of the region and force the people living here to migrate with these attacks."
 
Noting that they wanted to "resurrect the Ottoman Empire" with the attacks, Xoce said: "Since the Rojava revolution, the status here has been tried to be destroyed; however, the Autonomous Administration foiled all attacks. Türkiye is committing war crimes with these attacks. Attacks on infrastructure and superstructure systems that meet the needs of hospitals, schools and society are within the scope of war crimes. They bombed the cement factory built to rebuild the city destroyed by ISIS."
 
THE SILENCE OF INTERNATIONAL POWERS
 
Condemning the silence of international powers in the face of attacks, Xoce said: "The dominant powers also have plans in the Middle East. In line with these plans, they approve of Turkey's attacks. The coalition forces in the region are also silent against these war crimes because for the first time, all peoples come together in the Middle East. The Democratic Modernity system that allows them to live equally has been built. The dominant powers want the new systems built in the Middle East to be under their control. This does not suit their interests. They see the system here as an obstacle to their own interests."
 
'THERE IS A MAGNIFICENT RESISTANCE'
 
Emphasizing that they were prepared against the attacks, Xoce said: "The attacks and bombardments that have been going on for days did not intimidate the people here. The people were on the streets, attending the funerals of the martyrs in large numbers. The Autonomous Administration also knows that the ruling powers act in line with its own interests, so it resists by relying on its own strength. It is resisting these attacks in a magnificent way. There is resistance. Kobanê has been under bombardment since last night, but the people did not leave their homes. They clearly showed their stance. The people say 'I am on my own land and I protect my status."
 
Drawing attention that the attacks coincided with the week of October 9, the anniversary of the international conspiracy against PKK Leader Abdullah Öcalan, Xoce continued: "The solution to the problems in the Middle East is Leader Apo's idea. For this reason, these attacks are due to the ongoing isolation on Leader Apo. We cannot think differently. They want to repeat the Second Lausanne by isolating Leader Apo and attacking Northern and Eastern Syria. My call to our friends, democratic forces and the world public opinion is to increase their reaction against these attacks of Turkey. It is everyone's responsibility to prevent this attack on Turkey. I call on the entire world public to support the Kurds, both morally and politically."
 
MA / Mahmut Altıntaş

View More Articles

11/01/2025
09:14 Solution will be with Abdullah Öcalan says DAD co-chair Zeynel Kete
09:10 CHP's stance insufficient, may step in with complementary proposals says Ali Bayramoğlu
10/01/2025
16:30 Sentenced with an over-age penalty: Releases after 30 years
16:29 'There can be no process without Öcalan's freedom, weapons are not obstacle to solution'
16:22 Peoples flock to Tishreen Dam
14:30 Attacks on North and East Syria continue
14:14 Gar massacre commemoration: Struggle for justice will continue
14:07 Abdullah Öcalan must be freed for the process says KKP Spokeperson
11:35 Families appeals to go to İmralı
11:32 Working Journalists' Day: There is an attempt on our lives
11:32 People gather in front of Akdeniz Municipality
10:24 Threat to ill prisoner whose belongings confiscated
10:11 'Alawites are subjected to a 'special' genocide'
09:24 Abdullah Öcalan must be given equal conditions like Mandela says Lawyer Kanar
08:51 DEM Party co-mayors detained, municipality under blockade
09/01/2025
17:11 Leyla Şaylemez commemorated: We will not give up women's liberationist paradigm
15:47 Delegation march Silopiya: Their cameras will not stay on the ground
15:33 Fidan Doğan commemorated at her grave
15:19 Journalist Selamet Turan sentenced and releases
15:12 Access block to 7 news websites
14:57 Sakine Cansız commemorated: We will continue the fight she led
14:40 Names of those killed in UCAV attack reveals
14:23 Abdullah Öcalan statement from DEM Party: We invite everyone to seriousness
14:01 Statement from Law Office of the Century
13:35 11 years ago on border of Kobanê, today on Qamishlo border
13:16 They looted Nisêbîn, court acquitted
12:10 'New paradigm possible with construction of a democratic constitutional order'
11:22 Criminal complaint from family of beaten prisoner
11:19 Lawyers applies to meet with Abdullah Öcalan
11:06 'Peoples and beliefs have an important role for solution'
10:38 Need to put pressure to come real negotiation says Migenda
09:53 Delegation to receive bodies of journalists lives border
08/01/2025
13:56 Women prisoners in Sincan placed in damp wards
13:35 Song for Sakine Cansız releases
13:34 Detained journalists referred to courthouse
13:16 'Colour' barrier to winter clothes sent to prisoner
13:03 'Prevention of taking funerals is immorality'
12:39 At age 94 he joins resistance at border from Kerboran everyday
12:01 Tishreen Dam being bombed
11:14 Release of 30-year prisoner extends by 6 months
10:59 Thousands of people goes to Tishreen Dam
10:47 Border execution investigation: Lieutenant opened fire and rested!
10:45 From police chief to delegation: Waiting for news from Ankara
09:55 40-year witness and defendant of freedom struggle
09:15 'Sakine Cansız is one of the most influential woman I know'
07/01/2025
16:46 Resistance at border: Give the bodies of journalists
16:30 Optimal future for Syria is model of Autonomous Administration says Fawza Yousef
16:14 TJA commemorates murdered in Paris and Silopi
15:46 İmralı delegation meets DEVA Party chair Ali Babacan
15:39 MKG 2024 report: 8 women journalist arrested